29 May 2013

Dorm Rooftop

Hi everybody! Just got back from college today, yeah Wednesday is my favorite day among weekdays since I only got 2 lectures which means I can go back to dorm earlier. My class today started at 09:00 and ended at 14:40 (On the other days I usually reach the dorm when the day is getting dark, because my last lecture ends at around 17:45. Ganbarimasu! *self-cheerleading*)

Well these photos bellow were taken Wednesday last week from my dorm rooftop :) Yeah, I love this space! It's not a really wide rooftop but I like it since I can enjoy me-time here accompanied by the refreshing breeze..



I took these photos around 4 p.m on a clear day. Yeah, starting from today until Friday, according to weather forecast, there will be rain. Moreover recently, the humidity here is increasing because there will be kinda rainy season every June in Japan. It was raining a bit outside just now but it had just stopped. 


                             


                                  In the area where I live is surrounded by houses and mansion.




I live in a 4 storied dormitory in an area called Shonandai (around 30 minutes from Yokohama). Here I live with the other 14 foreign students from my uni (Ferris Univ.) and the rest are Japanese students from various universities such as Keio University, Bunkyo University, Meiji Gakuin University, Nihon Daigaku (NichiDai) and Kanagawa University. The heads of the dormitory are also living here together with us, we called them Ryocho-san and Ryobo-san which is the former are for the man and the later is for the woman (or in Bahasa Indonesia we say Bapak Asrama and Ibu Asrama). 

Everybody here is kind, we always give salutation like everywhere and every time we meet :D (at the Dining room, bath room, Ofuro (Japanese Public Bath), Rest Room, stair, corridor, and just everywhere! haha). We always give salutation to everybody that we meet, no matter if we know each other or not but that's fun! It feels like living in a big home with (more or less) a hundred of siblings :p Yeah, it feels like HOME here! we do many things together in a peaceful living atmosphere (y).

Well I will tell you more about my lovely dorm in the next occasion, hope you guys have a great Wednesday!

Other Posts You Might Love to Read